Re: Firefox, Thunderbird and %#$@* Evolution

Scott Talbot wrote:
On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 11:51 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 10:48:19AM -0600, Robert wrote:

and definitely more friendly for those who are still using dialup connections but the deal breaker for me is that it wants to use Evolution and I don't/won't. I have looked in the prefs.js file, in about:config and in the handful of options available under Edit --> preferences and haven't exactly been inundated with clues. In the Help section, I find this jewel:

Have you tried the Preferences->Preferred Applications applet (aka gnome-default-applications-properties)?

Actually, since you are using KDE you don't have the menu items, but iirc, the program gnome-default-applications-properties will do it for you.

Scott

You are absolutely correct. I ran that bugger in a terminal right after posting that 2nd "won't work" message and it works like a charm. Thanks a lot.