Re: Install of fc3 hangs when loading module aic7xxx

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 13:32 +0100, Oliver Gehlert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when installing fc3 the installer always hangs when
> to access my hdd ;-(
> Last message while installing is
>

> Is there a way to insert a working module into the
> boot cd?

One thing you can try:

At the boot prompt for the installer CD, type "linux noprobe" and you
will have a chance to manually select drivers. It will tell you no disk
drives were found, and ask if you want to load device drivers. Select
Add Device and it will give you a list of drivers to choose from. Scroll
down past Adaptec (it's sorted alphabetically) and when you get to the
"O"s, select "Old Adaptec 28xx, 29xx, 39xx (aic7xxx_old)" and see if
that works for you.

--
C. Linus Hicks <lhicks at nc dot rr dot com>