Re: What is 'Red Hat nash' in the boot sequence ??? (rpm comment)

Thanks to everyone that responded.
My real problem was that I had a machine that booted fine on RH8, but when
updating to FC2 it just hung for 2.5minutes, right after the AUDIT( ... ) line
where the 'nash' line should print.

I ASSUMED that someone (nash) was scanning hardware, (and getting lost?)
but didnt know how to find out what and where.

In any case, an early suggestion to remove 'quiet rhgb' from the boot line
fixed the problem so Im happy.  This motherboard has an early implementation
of SATA on it, and I suspect that if I build a new kernel not mentioning
SATA (since Im not using it) that might clear up the problem.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@xxxxxxx