Paul Howarth wrote:

Krzysztof Kujawski wrote:

I am in Fedora Core.
I can't come into  windows bootloader.
Grub gives me possibilities:
FC3
FC
Other - default

and when it come in other it display other again.
I think I overwrite my hda1 where maybe windows boot loader was.
I send picture of disk partitions.
Hda1 - windows old
hda7 - windows that I've reinstalled and GRUB the disapeared.
hda3 - linux

I think I should now reinstall windows on hda1
and then apply /sbin/grub-install  /dev/hda

I send also GRUB files.
Maybe it is problem of configurations.

menu.lst and grub.conf are the same because one is a symlink to the other.

device.map looks fine.

I think your diagnosis about having overwritten hda1 with grub is correct. That would cause your grub.conf "Other" entry, which runs the bootloader on hda1, to restart grub.

If you boot Windows from CD and use the recovery console, you may be able to use the "fixboot" command to fix the bootloader. Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307654

Paul.