Re: Fedora Core 3 hangs on first boot after install ToshibaSatellite2805-S201 Laptop

Richard Hubbell wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:51:49 -0600, Ed. Lott <ed@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Installed Fedora Core 3 on Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201 Laptop. On reboot
after installation I get

        Welcome to Fedora Core
        Press 'I' to enter interactive startup
Starting udev:
Initializing hardware ... storage network audio

At this point the system hangs. I have tried passing noprobe and nopcmcia
to the kernel. I am unable to get into interactive startup mode.

Fedora Core 2 was working on this system.

I am not sure how to proceed at this point. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

This sounds like a problem with udev.  Look at the FC3 release notes
for more detail.  I experienced something similar when installing FC3
to 2nd parition on a 2nd disk.

Richard

Ed.