Re: Installing fedora at school

Yes, Fedora is a Beta, or test, project.  However, I am a relative Linux newbie (only using it for about 10 months) and the only thing that has ever borked my system is ME and my newbieness. Beta/test disclaimer aside, FC2 is pretty stable in general and would seem (IMHO) to be a fine choice for what you are looking to do.  Personally, I think the disclaimer is just a way of saying, "This is a work in progress and we make no guarantees, so don't come complaining to us if something goes wrong."

Rob
Registered Linux User $379760