Re: FC3, Apache, and Front Page

David Cary Hart wrote:

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 11:24 -0800, Mark Eggers wrote:

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 12:37 -0500, Randy L. Justice wrote:

Can the Apache web server on FC3 be used to serve FrontPage html
sites?

Thanks

First of all, I'm not sure why you would want to do this.

Because there is simply no easier and faster way to get a decent
looking, secure site up and running. I know - I should learn HTML. I
should learn perl, c and a bunch of other stuff as well. Actually, I use
quanta for adjustments and fixes so that's helping me learn.

Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
http://www.TQMcube.com

At the risk of participating in a "My HTML Editor can beat up yours" thread...that's not true. There are a TON of HTML editors out there that are VERY simple to use and make your site useable quickly and easily. Frontpage is IMO the equivalent of using a Nuke to clear space in the forest to build a house. It's messy, it does far more than is needed and it has great potential for created unintended consequences. Just out of curiosity, have you googled or asked around for alternatives? Personally, I am a Macromedia Fan but that's just me. I've used a ton over the years....some better than others. Are you looking for Non-W3C compliant coding?

--
Eucke