Re: FC3 & irssi install probs

Mike Hoy wrote:
I'm installing irssi, a text only IRC chat program on Fedora Core 3.

The INSTALL file says that it needs Glib and my system has it.

The instructions say to:

untar it and the cd to the irssi*** directory.

then ./configure

[snip]

checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

What instructions don't say, because it is assumed, is that if you want to compile anything, you need to have compiler install. Install gcc package(s) *and* development libraries (if you don't have compiler installed, chances are you don't have devel packages installed either).

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited