Re: Installing fedora at school

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 16:37 +0100, Danial Rehman wrote:
> My school is thinking of installing linux on some of the computers,
> and were wondering if it's legal to use linux for non-private usage. I
> really didn't get what they meant but something about linux only
> beeing free if your going to install for yourself and not for a whole
> school or corporation or whatever.
>
> So I'm wondering if it's allowed to get fedora for about 10 compters
> at my school the legal way.
> I always thought linux was free for everyone?
----
free as in speech AND free as in beer

Fedora information can be found at:
http://fedora.redhat.com/

License info can generally be found here:
http://fedora.redhat.com/licenses/

Specific End User License Agreement for Fedora Core:
http://fedora.redhat.com/licenses/eula.html

There are trademark and other restrictions if you plan on 'repackaging'
for other purposes and or selling it - mostly GNU type restrictions.

But specifically to answer your question, you may install on as many of
your school (or corporate) computers as you wish.

Craig