Re: Installing mysql-4.1.9-1 in FC3

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
On Fri, 2005-28-01 at 14:59 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:

So you downloaded the development SRPMs for perl-DBD-MySQL, mod_auth_mysql, php-mysql and dovecot (the packages you had installed that required the older MySQL libraries) and rebuilt them against the new MySQL? If you did that, you should have just been able to upgrade those packages to the ones you built and then you wouldn't have needed --nodeps to remove the compatibility RPM.

Actually, I didn't download the SRPMs for those other packages at all. What you're saying makes sense, but it didn't even occur to me since I assumed I could use just install the rebuilt version of mysqlclient10-3.23.58-4 and have everything play together nicely.

If you do that, it should supply the required dependencies, just like the MySQL compatibility packages did.

If you've removed the compatibility RPM without rebuilding those dependent packages, then those packages will now be broken in various ways...

This should be fun. If things are indeed busted, I'll find out very soon. In that case, I'll be shortly downloading the other SRPMs and hope that any issues are thus resolved.

I think the mysqlclient10-3.23.58-4 package should resolve those issues.

Paul.