Installing mysql-4.1.9-1 in FC3

Hello Everyone,

I've rebuilt mysql-4.1.9-1 on my FC3 machine from the Fedora development
source RPM.  When I attempt to upgrade mysql and mysql-server, there are
understandably some failed dependencies:

error: Failed dependencies:
        libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by (installed) perl-DBD-
MySQL-2.9003-5.i386
        libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by (installed)
mod_auth_mysql-20030510-5.i386
        libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by (installed) php-
mysql-4.3.10-3.2.i386
        libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by (installed)
dovecot-0.99.13-3.FC3.i386

I've searched the archives and know that people have successfully
installed mysql-4.1.9 in FC3 using a mysql compatibility RPM.

I have a few of questions:

1. Where can I get the mysql compatibility rpm from?
2. This is probably a bad idea, but can I force the install and avoid
   using the mysql compatibility package altogether?
3. Should I just use the FC4 versions of the packages in the "failed
   dependencies" list above, including the mysql and mysql-server rpms?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ranbir
--