Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, D. D. Brierton wrote:

> I've been a RHL and FC user for quite some time. I've been on the
> mailing lists, and had bugzilla accounts for a long time now. But this
> mailing list is strangling itself. The volume is way too high. Look at
> the beginning of the Fedora Project and see how many Red Hat engineers
> regularly posted to this list, and now look at how many do (Tim Waugh
> and Dave Jones make an occasional appearance here these days, and we're
> lucky to have them). That's it. Who's driven them away? WE HAVE.

A good email-client may help you cope with the volume. Threading is a
must.

The fedora mailinglist has become a general forum for all things Fedora
(except development and testing related items, which have their own
mailinglists). It makes sense that most of the developers are on
fedora-test and fedora-devel, rather than on this list.

It is a normal evolution with any project to move from a single to many
mailinglists. It is not a threat, it makes things more viable.

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --