Re: Installing a bootloader after the fact

Trey Sizemore wrote:
I installed Fedora Core 3 via ftp on a second drive configured as a
slave.  It would be accessed in a multiboot environment using a boot
manager like GAG.  So I didn't install a boot loader thinking that GAG
would handle this.

But when GAG identifies the Fedora / partition on this drive and I
attempt to boot from it, I get an error stating: "Boot sector not found
or invalid."

So my question is, without reinstalling, can I go back and install a
boot loader on the / partition of the Fedora install on the second disk?

Yes, you can. Boot in rescue mode and run grub-install on your Fedora root partition from there. See Terry Polzin's post in the "Re: GRUB will not be overwritten" thread twenty minutes ago.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-January/msg06929.html

Paul.