Re: [OT] Re: FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!

Mitsuho Iizuka wrote:
From: Amy M <amymom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:41:35 -1000

(3)  While Windows can be very snappy when fresh, it is notorios for
showing gravely deteriorated performance after time, especially after
you have installed a number of applications.  With FC, thanks largely to
the free upgrades, its performace actually goes up with time.

  * Just curious, Windows still deploys all on memory or swap style
    virtual memory management other than paging on demand style.
    (excuse me if i'm wrong)

No that is not true. Though I am not an expert on Windows internals, but I do know that Windows memory management utilizes both physical memory and paging memory.

  * FC1 was a little bit faster ;-(

Yah! I quite agree with that.