Re: PCIE video cards and DRI

Gain,
   Well the part that had me most concerned was how PCI Express
fit into the existing DRI and AGPgart framework. The best I can
puzzle out is that PCI Express is treated as a variant of PCIgart.
What is less clear is which agpgart should be used. I have found
with fglrx and Radeon 9600 XT cards that there is little difference
in performance between the built in agpgart in the driver and the
kernel module version under Linux 2.6. However since PCI Express
is so bleeding edge it is unclear which would be better there...to
use the latest kernel's apgart module or the drivers built-in one.
Also when attempting to judge if the DRI is working properly on
PCI Express is it sufficient to just see...

(II) fglrx(0): Direct rendering enabled

...in Xorg.0.log or are there any other messages from the
fglrx driver I should be concerned about to make sure DRI
is fully functional?
                        Jack