Re: Is YUM superior to Synaptic ?? (was synaptic evolution)

Kam Leo said:
[snip]
>> No, probably your apt's sources.list is broken/incomplete or one of the
>>  apt repositories you are using is broken.
[snip]
> Try the beta version of smart (Smart Package Manager,
> http://smartpm.org).  It's claim to fame is that it is
> supposed to handle these difficult dependency issues.  It's a little slow
> on my system, but it works.

So what would SmartPM's reaction to pointing a FC3 machine at FC2 repos
be?  From everything I'm hearing it would be to downgrade most of the
packages to FC2 to satisfy these broken deps.  I haven't tried that
personally to verify, but that doesn't sound like something I want a
package manager doing.

--
William Hooper