Re: [installation]dual boot with Mandrake for test

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 10:24 +0800, Ciba LO wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for breaking in!!!  I would like to dual boot FC3 and Mandrake too.
>
> For installation of the dual boot system, I understand that / mount point
> partition should be different for FC3 and Mandrake.  And the /swp and /home
> mount point partitions can be shared.  But, I am just wonder if it is
> possible to share the same /boot mount point partition between FC3 and
> Mandrake and how to config it during the two installation processes.

I wouldn't do that if I was you; you may find that each distribution
screws up the other's bootloader at kernel update time. Given that 100MB
is ample for a /boot partition, is there any particular reason why you
want to share them rather than have two?

P.S. Swap partitions aren't mounted on /swp...

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>