Re: Creating a bootable CD or DVD for Fedora 3...

Alan :) wrote:
Hello everybody,
I'm new to the list and I would like somebody to point me to the right direction.
Is there a FAQ where I can get information about creating a boot CD or DVD?

The problem:
1) I downloaded all the *.iso CD images.
2) How do I go about creating a boot CD to start the installation process?
   I found instructions to create a boot CD using linux tools but I don't have linux installed to use these utilities and so here is my chicken/egg dilema.

You might get some specific help if you stated which CD-writing tools you *do* have access to.

Instructions for a variety of tools can be found at:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.php3

The key thing to remember is to burn the ISO images as "images" rather than just writing the files to CDs.

Paul.