Re: Resize ext3 Partition

Shane Archer wrote:
I have an install of FC3 on an ext3 partition, with an older NTFS partition containing an XP install on the same drive.

I am using XP less and less on this particular system, and I need to reclaim more space for /var which is on the drive. What program or utility, if any, would be capable of non-destructively shrinking the NTFS partition while expanding the ext3 partition?

I looked into Partition Magic Pro, but it appears that it does not support ext3, as their site claims only ext2 and swap:
http://sea.symantec.com/content/product.cfm?productid=1

Has anybody used anything else successfully in this manner?

Thanks,

Shane

Partition Magic was supporting ext3 since well before Symantec bought it.  As long as you're willing to use commercial software, I think it will just work.  There are comparable products, like Partition Commander, but PM is in my experience the best.  The open-source alternative is called, I think, FIPS, but I have no knowledge or experience of that.  Of course you should always do a complete backup of your system before using any of these products, but you knew that.

--
David Liguori