Re: FC3 ntpd fails to start

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:18:07 -0600, David Hoffman
<dhoffman2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:41:10 -0500, Rick Sutphin <sutphinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > NTPD fails to start with the following message:
> > #/etc/init.d/ntpd start
> > ntpd: Synchronizing with time server: FAILED
> > Starting ntpd: ntpd: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6:
> > failed to map segment from shared object: Permission denied
> > FAILED
> >

> First, are you trying to start NTPD as root? You need to be root to start it.
>
> Second, what version of glibc do you have? libm.so.6 is part of the
> glibc package. I am running glibc-2.3.4.-2.fc3 and I have the library.
>
> My guess is that it seems to find the library, but you are getting
> permission denied, so I'm thinking it's the first solution, not the
> second.
>
> David

One more thing... I googled and the first hit I found was the
following link. Take a look through there and look at some of the
other suggestions there. Some of it has to do with kernel versions and
SELinux.

http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/forums/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1315%26start%3D0&e=9901