Re: FC3: MB and CPU temp/ other Sensors

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:41:05 -0500, David Niemi <drn_temp2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have read the documentation on the LM_sensors to no avail and the
> > sensors man page doesn't help much as well. Searching the archives
> > hasn't helped nor other web pages that I managed to find.  Also as I see
> > a slightly older version of sensors has been installed I tried the
> > listed commands to try and get the sensors to monitor especially my
> > CPUs.
> >
> > I have Dual Nacona 3.2 GHz Xeons on an ASUS NCCH-DL motherboard with
> > stock air cooling and I'd like to monitor the CPU temperatures
> > (presshots etc, ya' know).  I have some limited Linux experience but
> > none with sensors.
> >
> > Questions:
> > - Will the installed package read sensor chips and report them in FC3?
> > - Is there simplified, detailed instructions available? or
> > - Can someone post enough command information to get me started?
> > - Finally, does anyone know if this software works with my HW
> > combination?
>
> On Sun, 2005-23-01 at 07:50 -0600, David Hoffman wrote:

> You might want to look at the lm-sensors web site. They maintain some
> good information about which motherboards and chipsets work, as well
> as better documentation:
> http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/index.html

I have been going through the documentation for a while now. I'm using
kernel 2.6.10-1.741_FC3smp. When installing on a new system Grub didn't
install properly but using the rescue disk and the root & setup
commands.  Now just have to rebuild the menu system for grub.

Since a version has already been installed I have not tried to recompile
the latest version and the rpm that is available also needs the rrdtool
as part of it's dependencies.

found the sensors-detect script and i2cdetect in a different location
and now have the outputs of that for the sensors that "may" work.

This information just all gets put into the files that the sensors-
detect script gives?  What happens with the output, is it graphical or
are there other programs to read the output?

Thanks