SCSI and Fedora

Am I the only one that had this experiences?
1. When using FC2 or FC3 rescue disks on a system booting form SCSI
drives, between the gui asking about the
kind of keyboard you have and the start of anaconda, you get a gui
asking you where the software is. The Choices are Local CD, Hard Disk,
Network, etc. Well since I am using a rescue CD I choose the Local CD.
The choice always fails in my experience. I can only make it go on to
running anaconda if I put in the CD 1 and choose Local CD. Have other
people found this? If so why does this make sense?

2. I have difficulty running grub-install /dev/sda ; getting an error
that the stage1 file cannot be read correctly. This does not always
happen. So far it happened consistently on 3 of 7 supposedly identical
machines.I asked this before and received no answer that this might be
related to the SCSI drive. Is it possibly related to the SCSI drive,
because we have never seen this behavior associated with an IDE drive.

The truth about a man lies first and foremost in what he hides.
		-- Andre Malraux
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University