Re: Make bootable install CD's

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:24:20 -0600, Randy Wahlfeldt
<randyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> I am new to the list and Linux. I use Windows but would like to explore the
> world of Linux.
>
> My first question; I have downloaded the iso images for Fedora 3. How do I
> make a bootable CD, with Windows, to install Fedora? Please don't say, buy
> CD's. I already have store bought CD's, but want to know how to do make
> install\bootable cd from downloaded files.

The ISO images are already bootable. All you have to do is burn the
image to a CD. Use Roxio, Nero, or a dozen other CD burning programs
out there that will allow you to burn a cd from an image file. Once
you have your CD, make sure your BIOS is set to boot from the CD
before the HD, and you should be all set.

David