Re: Beware of bind-9.2.4-8_FC3:20 (was BIND (Network Manager)

> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 23:59 -0500, jim lawrence wrote:
> well i reinstalled NM as well as chache nameserver  and the update
> bind-9.2.4-8_FC3:20 will mess everything up!!! Beware

> I don't suppose the installation of bind-9.2.4-8_FC3:20 created
> any .rpmsave files, did it? Probably not, but it's a thought.

> It should certainly be possible to get the updated bind to work properly
> with the apps you like if you're willing to spend a little time
> diagnosing what the actual problem is, by using for instance the "dig"
> tool to try DNS lookups and see where things are going wrong.

> Paul.

I would love to know if the same problem has occurred that I am struggling with.

Please look into your /var/named directory where you should find a few other directories and static links to the files which are actually located in the /var/named/chroot/var/named path. If you find that there are more files in the chroot path then make static links for the extra zone files back into the /var/named path. then try restarting the DNS service.

Friday I will get to look at this myself on another of my FC3 installs at work. I believe now that this is the initial problems I have had which I fixed by making the static links back to the non-chroot path.

Bill