Re: How to read local mail in Thunderbird?

Randall A. Jones wrote:

Gustavo Seabra wrote:

Hi,

How can I make Thunderbird read my local mail from /var/spool/mail? I tried pointing the "Local Folders" folder to /var/spool/mail but it didn't work. Any other ideas?

I think what you want is "Movemail".
Try Edit->Account Settings->Add Account to get the new account window.
Choose "Movemail" from the list and continue the configuration with your name, account, other settings.
When you "Get Mail" it should look in /var/spool/mail on your system (localhost) for your mail file.

Randall

Yep, that did it, thanks.

However, to work, I had to change the mode of /spool/mail to 01777, as requested by TB. Is that safe?

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University