Re: Understanding Sendmail/Cyrus-imap installation... AAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mark Weaver wrote:
And I have been "reading" the mc file. As I mentioned I've been away from Sendmail for a considerable amount of time concentrating on a host of other things and not spending every waking moment on Sendmail config.

I've tried setting this line a two different ways.
Other DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl yields an SMTP connection refused message.

Other DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=25,Addr=192.168.0.4, Name=MTA')dnl yields a password dialog box from the client that isn't accepted by the service on the other end. Which is exactly why I've been chasing my tail as I have.

Thank you for the sendmail.org/faq link. I hadn't thought to look there. :)

Just comment out (start with "dnl") the DAEMON_OPTIONS line.

If you want clients on your LAN to be able to relay mail through your server (as opposed to just deliver mail to it), add the following line to /etc/mail/access and then run "make -C /etc/mail"

192.168.0	RELAY

Paul.