Re: Understanding Sendmail/Cyrus-imap installation... AAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mark Weaver wrote:
> I'm in the process of changing my web / mail server over to FC3. In the
> past I've been using a good old solid distro of Mandrake 8.2, but
> decided to give FC3 a try. I was instantly rewarded by finding that FC3
> is much faster and more responsive on the 500Mhz machine its now
> installed on. Everything was a breeze to setup.. that is of course until
> I got to the Sendmail/Cyrus Imap setup. GOOD GOD!!! I'm ready to pull my
> hair out!

Were you using Cyrus on Mandrake?

How many users do you have? Given that it's a web server *and* a mail
server, and stil 500 MHz (I know, you shouldn't need that much CPU power
for either job...), Cyrus may not be the right option for you.

You may find Dovecot a much easier ride for small servers, and more what
you're used to. Cyrus is ... different.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | You know you've been computing too long when you see a
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | BBC News headline "MS damage repair mechanism found",