Re: Understanding Sendmail/Cyrus-imap installation... AAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mark Weaver wrote:
Ok...fair enough and you're right. I didn't RTFM. :) Which leads me to another question just popping up. Will the old user mailbox files migrate easily to the new cyrus-imap mailboxes or are they in a different format.

Instructions for mass migration could be found in O'Reilly book "Managing IMAP". Online version also available:

   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mimap/chapter/ch09.html#92594

Note that those instructions are optimized for case when you need to migrate (tens/hundreds of) thousands of users at once (either to or from Cyrus). For your ten users, some steps could probably be made faster or simpler.

The stuff in /usr/share/doc/cyrus-imapd-* is also worth reading.

As for cyrus admin... it didn't seem to get installed or didn't install correctly because I was getting a perl error upon attempting to initiate cyradm.

It would be helpful if you cut&paste the error message you got. Without it, nobody can really help you. Cyradm from Fedora's cyrus-imapd-utils RPM worked for me out-of-the-box on each and every system I installed (and this is really all that I or anybody else can tell you without seeing that error message).

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited