Re: NVIDIA driver *taints* kernel???

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Michael Cobb writes:

There are many graphics cards with reliable, open source, native x.org drivers. I suggest that you pick one, and support the vendors that support open source.

Out of curiousity, such as?

Checking the x.org website, I see that TDFX Voodoo cards are well supported. They'll be getting my money next time I need a graphics card (actually I have a Voodoo 1 in the junk box, I think I'll yank my Nvidia card right now). The driver situation sucks, but at least Nvidia is trying; the kernel gurus just move too fast.

Regards,

John