Re: network filesystems (mount via ftp)?

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Di, den 18.01.2005 schrieb Christopher J. Bottaro um 19:50:
>
>> I can mount smb filesystems out of the box in FC3, why not ftp?  How can
>> mount ftp filesystems?  I just want to say "mount -t
>> ftpfs //ftp.blah.blah /mnt/blah".  Ftp seems so much simpler than smb,
>> why can't FC3 do this outta the box without installing other software?
>
> Use http://shfs.sourceforge.net/ - its safe and handy.
>
> Alexander

The dang server I'm trying to access isn't running sshd.

To the others, I know what a protocol is and I know what a filesystem
is...I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a better description besides
"mounting an ftp filesystem".  Maybe I could have said "I want to mount an
ftp share as a filesystem", but whatever.

Also, I don't want to manually move files around, thats what I want to
avoid, its a nuisance.  I want to break the cycle of write, ftp, compile,
write, ftp, compile.  I want to eliminate that ftp step.

Also, I know lufs can accomplish what I want, I just want to know if there
is anything more up to date or better.

Thanks.