Re: Thunderbird new mail sound

Juliano Ravasi Ferraz wrote:

Gustavo Seabra wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone had problems with TB new mail sound? I just can't get it to
work. I'm using KDE, and sound works great for most things. I've tried
adjusting the new mail sound in Gnome and then switch back to KDE, but
it didn't work. I also tried setting different sounds through TB Tools
--> Options --> General --> "when new mail arrives" to different custom
sounds, but none worked. So, in summary, I can't get TB to play any
sounds at all!

I also use KDE, and here the new mail song works only when it wants to... Also, on Mozilla (not TB), the new mail song sometimes gets piped to a random open descriptor (stdout, stderr, or any other open file (I've already lost my address book once because Mozilla written my new_mail.wav over it :-/)). The solution was to leave it using the default system beep.

Thanks. I'd be happy with that, as long as it worked. However, even using the default system beep, I get *nothing* from Thunderbird as far as new-mail sound. Just no sound at all.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University