Re: Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 07:39:14AM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > That doesn't work, or didn't work at FC3RC3, and I'm getting tired of
> > repeating it.  All you get is a blank screen.  Whats so hard to
> > understand about that?
> It depends on when you do it.  It won't work until you have
> answered some of the prompts - I'm not exactly sure how
> many.

This is why I have a test machine. The only prompt I had to answer was
choosing to skip the media test. (And the initial boot prompt, of course.)

As soon as the second stage installer (GUI or not) fires up, it starts the
shell.

If you are doing a network install, you'll need to provide your network info
first too, so it can get the second stage -- but it still starts the shell
long before the partitioning stage.

This is on FC3 final. I have no idea about FC3RC3 and am not terribly
inclined to dig up a CD to test. The point is: the ctrl-alt-f2 shell works
*fine*. If it didn't work during a test release, that's not really very
relevant, because it's supposed to, and currently does, and will continue.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>