Re: FC3 installation hangs - agpgart?

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Dave Jones wrote:

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 03:37:52PM +0100, Hans Mehlin wrote:

> I tried to install Fedora Core on a roughly 3 years old Transtec 1001
> server (Supermicro motherboard 370DER BIOS 1.1a) but failed.
>
> Fedora Core 3 installation hangs directly after a "linux text"
> Fedora Core 2 installation hangs with repeating messages saying "agpgart :
> Posted write buffer flush took morethan 3 seconds"
> Fedora Core 1 installation works thus...
>
> Any clues?

Try booting with agp=off

Thanks a lot - it worked great!

I recently fixed some bugs in the serverworks agp driver that could
explain this, but to be honest, I'm not entirely optimistic.
That driver has suffered neglect for way too long, and unless FC4test1
works out ok, I'm probably going to disable it entirely.

Let me know if you want me to test it on my system.

  / Hans

The lack of documentation and test hardware makes it almost impossible
to debug remotely.

Dave

___________________________
HANS MEHLIN