Re: Web Cams

Thomas E. Dukes wrote:
Subject: Re: Web Cams

Am Mo, den 17.01.2005 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 18:35:

It is in the Fedora Core kernel - and I am really glad that this is the case. I have 2 of the Philips cams supported by the pwc module (now only one module and not the couple of pwc + pwcx) and

have ever

been lucky with quality for the price of these camera

models. Here my

syslog
messages:

More information and details on:

http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/

http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/PWC/WebHome

Very nice work and in no point less good than before the trouble between the previous author and the kernel guys arose.

I just ran into a problem.  I have a Kodak DVC325 webcam and have not found
a driver.  From what I've read so far, Kodak offers not linux support.  Does
anyone know of a driver for this cam?

TIA

I used to develop Windows applications for this camera. However, the only developer tool at the time Kodak would give us was an activeX control.

If you know what I mean by telling you this then you'll know not to hold your breath for Linux support.

Regards,
Ed.