Re: FC3 and soundcard

Didier Cassereau wrote:
[snip]

Hmmm, could you also try booting with

  acpi=off

instead of

  pci=routeirq

acpi=off does not help. The sound card works ok with kernel 724, but no sound with kernel 741.

Did you try reconfiguring your soundcard using system-config-soundcard?

Yes ; I do not see any particular error message.
The identification of the sound card is correct. The only problem is that ... i just do hear the so beautiful test sound !

You can hear the test sound? Did you check the Volumelevel? Which program do you use to hear music, and what kind of source do you have (mp3, ogg, audio-cd)?

With the old kernel does your soundcard still work?

Yes, no problem !

Could you compare
the output from the old and the new kernel?

I do not see any significant difference concerning the sound card. You can have a look at the corresponding sections of /var/log/messages:
When I start kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3:
http://www.loa.espci.fr/724.log
When I start kernel 2.6.9-1.741_FC3:
http://www.loa.espci.fr/741.log

Couldn't see anything in there, too. :-(

Alex