Re: [OT] Re: linux weather ticker?

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 16:01 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> Off topic a little.
>
> Has anyone setup one of those weather stations and piped the data to a
> Fedora system for display on a web page?
>
> Like the stuff from Davis Insturments http://www.davisnet.com?  I have
> looked at those off an on for a few years but have not bitten yet.
So have I. But as I'm living about 30km away from an airport, I decided
that it is just as practical (and accurate for my location) to pull the
data from noaa.gov and log/plot it locally. The source of data is so far
very reliable and it saves me the money of maintaining my own weather
hardware...

See here whether you're close to any of these stations:
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/siteloc.shtml

> If you have set one up what kind of interface did you use to collect the
> data?

I'm using munin to log this, among many other things. Contact me
privately if you'd like to see a sample.

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo@xxxxxxxx>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key:  http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt