Re: What's your favorite...

Jeff Vian wrote:

<>On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 21:37 +1000, Lozza Hyde wrote:
I tried Dreamweaver 2 years ago and the test page wouldn't even work in IE.
Speaking of which, does anyone know if IE has javascript or css issues? My
current project is working wonderfully well in firefox but there is some
weird stuff happening in IE. Strange, considering I've found that IE is
more forgiving of coding errors than any other browser.

Cheers,
Lozza

I believe I was told that IE does not handle all standards compliant code properly. Thus something that is 100% standards compliant may not display on IE correctly.

OTOH IE does have a lot of proprietary code features for those who just
have to do stuff the M$ way.

Yes, IE sucks. Do a google search for 'box model hack internet explorer" and you will find many articles like this one:

   http://www.webreference.com/html/tutorial10/4.html

I also noticed that IE does not handle a transparent background in a .jpg file correctly (it renders a light gray background instead), it adds its own borders at the top and sides, and does not recognize the 'fixed' attribute with CSS. Unfortunately, most people are using IE. Fortunately, firefox is rapidly gaining in popularity.