Re: Lost printing with kernel upgrade

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Fr, den 14.01.2005 schrieb Dick Roth um 3:01:

I just installed new kernel (2.6.10-1.8_FC2) via up2date and lost printing. Went back to 2.6.5-1.358 and printing returned. Has this happened to others?

Dick

You will have to give some details about your printing setup, i.e. what
kind of printer, which brand and model. In first line printing hasn't
anything to do with the kernel.
Did you install all latest updates for FC2, including the initscripts
update?

Alexander

Hi, Alexander. I print using lpd/lpr to an HP 882 via a Netgear PS 104 Print Server. I've been religious about running up2date regularly, but it's been a while since I updated the kernel as you can see above.

My machine uses a Celeron 2.4GHz on an Intel D865PERL with dual nics and is using Firestarter as firewall front end and NAT device. My internal net uses fixed IP addressing. The only thing I changed tonight was the kernel, and yes, I updated initscripts when the download became available. I can ping the print server, so I know there is basic connectivity. The system is using Gnome Print Manager 0.0.1 straight from the default Gnome menu. And that's about it! Any ideas??

Thanks,
Dick

-- Pithy saying goes here: (future).