Re: FC3: Cyrus-IMAPD. Sieve authentication does not work

Am Do, den 13.01.2005 schrieb Sven Borkert um 22:01:

> I got Cyrus-IMAPD running on a FC3 Machine, but I can't get Sieve
> working.
>
> I always run into the following Problem:

> [borkert@heptagon ~]$ sieveshell localhost
> connecting to localhost
> Please enter your password:
> unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 169, <STDIN>
> line 1.

And "borkert" exists in the AUTH base you are using with Cyrus-IMAPd?

> /var/log/messages
>
> Jan 13 21:52:13 heptagon perl: No worthy mechs found

This is loggeg if the login failed i.e. because a false password was
used.

> I don't know whats the Problem here. Cyrus-IMAPD has no problem
> authenticating, why is Sieve not working?
>
> SASL Method in /etc/imapd.conf is:
>
> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> sasl_mech_list: CRAM-MD5

Which MECH do you use in the saslauthd configuration?

cat /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd
grep "MECH=" /etc/init.d/saslauthd

> I'm not relly sure about how this sasl thing works. Cyrus authenticates
> users without Problems even with saslauthd not running. It needs read
> access to /etc/sasldb2 . The option "sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd"
> confuses me here. I always thought Cyrus would be using the daemon, this
> option seem to me very clear. I can't find any usable documentation
> about this.

So you are using sasldb2 stored AUTH data? Then you can't use saslauthd
(at least not directly).

> Sven Borkert

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.8_FC2smp
Serendipity 22:55:42 up 2 days, 21:06, load average: 0.95, 0.70, 0.68