THe weird occurrance of the day.

This is just in case you think computers are sane and their actions
reproducible.

Today I opened an XDMCP session from a FC2 machine to a RH9 machine.
When I logged in as myself the gnome system reported I did not have a
proper panel so it was going to give me one. It gave me a FC3 panel on
the top of the screen, complete with a footprint, Applications and
Actions icons. Does someone want to explain that action? Is the
operating systems involved prescient and knew that FC3 is going to be
produced so it thought it would give me a taste of the future?

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, which suddenly flips
over, pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.
		-- Matt Groening, "Love is Hell"
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University