Re: ATI mach64 resolution?

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 13:45, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

Check the settings for monitor. You probably have your monitor set to "generic" or something incorect. You will be shown only resolutions that both your graphics card *and* monitor support. If you are using Gnome, try selecting "System Settings -> Display" from GNOME menues, than click on "Hardware" tab (I guess this is the same GUI you already used). If your monitor is not listed, just select one from the "Generic CRT" or "Generic LCD" lists (in your case 1280x1024 one, I guess).

No: if I go to 256 colors it will go higher, but not at 'thousands of
colors'.

You may need to set the correct VideoRam option in your xorg.conf. See "man xorg.conf". I've had to do this since the install detects the wrong amount of video ram on my video card.

--Kenny

--
Because words are imperfect, every generation rewrites itself.