Problem with installing Fedora 3 on SMP/RAID system

Hi,

About a week ago I tried to install Fedora 3 on a Dual processor SMP system
using Raid SCSI disks. This system had been running fine with Fedora 2.

I was re-installing from scratch onto "/" using a CDROM boot and local network install.
The disks where set up as a number of raid1 partitions:
	/		/dev/md1	(/dev/sda1,/dev/sdb1)
	swap		/dev/sda2,/dev/sdb2
	/home		/dev/md5	(/dev/sda5,/dev/sdb5)
	/src		/dev/md6	(/dev/sda6,/dev/sdb6)
	/scratch	/dev/md7	(/dev/sda7,/dev/sdb7)
	/dist		/dev/md8	(/dev/sda8,/dev/sdb8)
	/usr/beam	/dev/md9	(/dev/sda9,/dev/sdb9)

I set the install to mkfs / but leave the other partitions alone.
All went fine until the install stage where the system is setting up the RPM transaction
where the kernel would panic. Within the kernel panic backtrace there were mentions of:
	journal_alloc_journal_head

I retried a number of times and even tried creating new boot CD's containing the
2.6.9-1.724_FC3.i586 kernel and even the 2.6.8-1.521.i586 kernel I was using with Fedora 2
all with the same crash.

I managed to get the system to eventually install by:
1. Adding the option "noselinux" at the CDROM isolinux boot prompt.
2. Only adding the "/" /dev/md1 partition in the Disk-druid fdisk program so that
	the other raid partitions were ignored.

I don't know which of the above cured the problem, but this may be of use to
someone.
I am not happy about the stability of this system, this kernel panic could re-occur ....

Terry

My System is:
Motherboard:    Supermicro X5DA8
Processors:    2.4GHz Xeon
Ram:        1GByte
SCSI:        Onboard Adaptec AIC-7902 Dual Channel SCSI controller
SCSIDisks:    Two Seagate ST3146807LW 147GByte SCSI drives

SoftwareIs:    Fedora 3 updated to 13/1/05
DiskSetup:    Raid1 partitions