Re: smp kernel bash script

Am Mi, den 12.01.2005 schrieb Chadley Wilson um 17:52:

> > grep "cpu1" /proc/stat
> >
> > Test this. If at least cpu1 appears there, then you have an SMP system.
> > This is more reliable than to check whether an SMP kernel is running.
> >
> > > Chadley Wilson
> >
> > Alexander
>
> Thanks Alexander I will try your suggestion but in the morning, I will add it
> to my script so long.
>
> Question though, will that not reflect results based on the current running
> kernel? (should it be a non smp kernel)

> Chadley Wilson

You mean the case, you have an SMP system but don't want to run the SMP
kernel? Then improve your decision logic in the script!

if cpu1 exists and uname has smp -> install SMP kernel
if cpu1 exists and uname shows single CPU kernel running -> install
normal kernel

Or install both kernel types (if cpu1 exists) and decide which you make
active in grub based on the info which kernel is running actually.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.8_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:03:56 up 1 day, 16:14, load average: 0.02, 0.15, 0.23