Re: Problems with new kernel and USB memory key

Am Di, den 11.01.2005 schrieb Aleksandar Milivojevic um 3:46:

> After upgrading to kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3 (and later to 2.6.10-1.737_FC3), my
> USB memory key all the sudden stoped working.  USB key is 2.0, but USB
> controler/port is only 1.1 (but this shouldn't be problem.  I've checked the key
> on my Windows machine, and it works perfectly OK.
>
> Has anybody else expirienced same problems?  When plugging USB key into the USB
> port, I'm getting this error message (after unpluging it, and pluging it again,
> there's no messages logged).  I applogize if the formating of the logs ends up
> less then perfect (using webmail client to compose this email).

> Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited

What I got when first booting with the new 2.6.10 FC2 kernel was an
error message saying that "usbdevfs" is not supported. On a second
reboot last night I didn't see the same error because RHGB was active
again - although RHGB started in "error mode", not showing the computer
icon but the detail view. As the USB error was so early during bootup it
did not appear in this detailed RHGB view. I will have to reboot later
to find the exact string of the USB error message.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.8_FC2smp
Serendipity 10:19:09 up 8:29, 16 users, 0.08, 0.15, 0.17