Re: Unable to boot my machine

Okay, I'll go crawl back into my hole now.

Earlier, I'd tried to create a boot floppy before reading the information that said that the FC3 kernel is too big to fit on a single floppy. Stupidly, I'd left that floppy in the floppy drive, and forgotten about it before rebooting the computer, but the BIOS still boots from the floppy after the CD-ROM drive but before the hard drive.

So I'm guessing it's time for me to get a brain transplant, and then go to bed. Sorry for wasting the bandwidth.

Richard Crawford wrote:
I ran up2date and installed the newest kernel on my machine, but now I am unable to boot my computer at all. I set the newest kernel as the default in the bootloader, and rebooted the machine. I got the following error before it even got to the GRUB screen:

SYSLINUX 2.11 2004-08-16 Boot failed

On the off chance that this might have been a problem with the new kernel, I booted the computer from the FC3 rescue disk, and switched the default kernel back to the older one, but that of course did not work.

Any thoughts? This one's got me stumped.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (http://www.mossroot.com AIM: Buffalo2K)