Re: Linux Home Server HOWTO - Open For Review

Robert L Cochran wrote:

I've printed Chapter 20 because the LDAP discussion will help greatly with one of my current projects. I'll comment on this more later this week. I do think your How-to serves a very important need. I'm already planning to point some friends to it.

I wish the chapter on SSH authentication would show how to use only public key authentication, disabling other types.

Bob,

I appreciate the feedback, the future LDAP stuff would be good.

The pub key auth for ssh will probably have to wait for another revision, I did consider it earlier but I don't think new users will be in a position to use it straight away.

Cheers,
Miles.