Re: system-config-packages Can Not Find Installed Packages

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:32:11 -0500 (EST), William Hooper
<whooperhsd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kam Leo said:
>
> > Restricting oneself to CDs after installing upgraded packages is going
> > to require  more effort than using smart or synaptic and the internet. The
> > packages listed above need to be downgraded/replaced with the ones on the
> > CDs so that the package group on the CDs can be installed
> > using system-config-package.  Any additional conficts need the
> > downgrade/replacement routine.
>
> Gee, this sounds familiar.

Sure is.  It's been quoted many times in other threads.  But I believe
it is worth repeating: "In order to install some packages you may need
to downgrade/replace newer packages!"

> > If the OP has the disk space my advice is to A) create a local
> > repository for all packages on the CDs;
>
> And so does this.

Yes, again.  However, you didn't advise the OP to use smart to resolve
and ameliorate the downgrade/replacement task ahead.  An interactive
gui application is much better than iterating through numerous rpm
dependency outputs.