Re: system-config-packages Can Not Find Installed Packages

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:36:06 -0800, Schlaegel <777tahder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> William Hooper wrote:
> > All the packages you have listed are newer than S-C-P expects. This is a
> >known issue with S-C-P.
>
> So, once a system is brought up to date s-c-p no longer works. This
> seems like a major problem.
>
> > Use yum or up2date to install additional packages.
>
> I am a lowly dialup user (rural area), so yum and up2date would take far
> too long. Is there another way to install the package groups from the CD
> without hand picking the 52 packages I need installed?

Try using synaptic, the gui for apt. You will need to install both apt
and synaptic. You can get the packages from
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/apt/ and
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/synaptic/.  If you are running FC3, I
highly recommend that you install the beta version of smart (Smart
Package Manager, http://smartpm.org).  smart in gui mode is a very
good tool for working out dependency issues.