Re: proper way to write changes in grub.conf

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 12:04, John Aldrich wrote:
> Is there a nice GUI or something to help me make sure I don't screw up my
> grub.conf? I'm trying to make my mouse work better with my KVM and have
> edited the grub.conf to add the "psmouse.proto=imps" to the end of the kernel
> line, and have saved it, but I don't know how to properly write it to the
> system. I know if it were LILO, I'd just run "/sbin/lilo" as root and it
> would be updated, however, just running "/sbin/grub" asks for more options,
> that I haven't got a clue about!

Grub has a more complicated multi-step boot procedure that allows
it to read its own config file at boot time.  That means all you
have to do is edit the /etc/grub.conf file which is actually a
symlink to /boot/grub/grub.conf because /etc may not be mounted yet.
If you want to test settings, add a new section that you can pick
from the choices and try it out before making it the default.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx