Problems configuring cyrus-imapd

Hello all,
I seem to be having trouble configuring cyrus-imapd and sendmail. I have followed the directions in bsodmikes Guide to sendmail and cyrus, but I'm having isses sending mail. I get log messages when sending mail concerning sendmail inability to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2. I also get messages that state sql_select option missing and auxpropfunc 'error no mechanism available'. I have checked sendmail.mc several times and all the other files as well. But I still seem to be missing something, any clues? I have also noticed one difference in the bsodmikes guide and my results when running the command line sendmail test. After the AUTH GSSAPI line he shows a STARTTLS line, which I am missing.

Pete